Sunday, January 18, 2009
We've been potty training Cason. Everything was going great until today. But that's alright. I didn't expect miracles. Friday, he had only accidents (although, as my friend Jessica pointed out, can it really be called an accident if there's NO attempt to go in the potty?). Yesterday, ONE accident. Today...we've been off and on.
In the meantime, I got tagged. I think it's only supposed to be for your firstborn but I did both, being the over achiever I am. Cason in blue. Kendall in pink.
1. Were you married at the time? 3 years; 4.5 years
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I just laughed; I cried and cried...could NOT believe it
3. How old were you? 24, 25
4.How did you find out? peed on a stick; made a joke to Colin about being pregnant and he told me to find out asap
5. Who did you tell first? Dr. Ryan's nurse (he's hard to get an appt. with y'all!) then Colin; Colin, I called him at work...then NO ONE for like 2 months
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes...I can't wait for anything
7. Due date? April 2oth..the the doc moved it to April 27th; December 29
8. Did you deliver late or on time? 3 weeks early; 1 week early
9. Did you have morning sickness? No; YES and noon and night sickness
10. What did you crave? Salty (chips and queso, pizza); Baked goods and cereal...but NO chicken!
11. Who/what irritated you the most? I'll just say I'm, in general, not a happy preggo so EVERYTHING
12. What was your first child's sex? a boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? 18; uh...not 18...we'll just leave it at that
14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? high blood pressure leading to bed rest; sciatica and general moodiness
15. Where did you give birth? Saints
16. How many hours were you in labor? about 10, about 8
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Colin
18. Who watched? Colin...and I'm assuming my dr.
19. Was it natural or c-section? Both natural
20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? Heck yes...with Kendall I didn't get enough and I pretty much felt everything
21. How much did your child weigh? 6lbs, 2 oz; 7 lbs. 2 oz.
22. Did your child have any complications? No...just some trouble nursing; K had to go to the NICU because she wasn't breathing right. But she had NO trouble eating...and still doesn't.
23. What did you name her? Cason Eugene; Kendall Avery
24. How old are they today? 2 years, 9 months; 13 months
I would just like to take this opportunity to say...I hated being pregnant. I really did. But I wish I had taken the time to appreciate it and enjoy it more. I defintely took how easy I came by motherhood for granted. I spent way too much time grumbling about walking like an old granny and glaring at Colin, thinking mean things about him.
And I tag Jen F, Jen B, Shellie, and Mel