Monday, January 26, 2009
Alternative title: Everything I need to know in life, I learned by potty training a 2 and half year old.
1. While zip up footy pajamas are quite cute, they are not necessarily conducive to going pee quickly.
2. A one year old finds a pebble of poo to be an acceptable toy.
3. It is always helpful to have your favorite fire engine book at the ready when you have bathroom business to do.
4. Pointing, uh, downward is good.
5. Bribery works for anything. And to that end, chocolate continues to be the best form of bribery. (Seriously, even I'll do anything for an Oreo)
6. Potty training is a great way to teach a two year old his new favorite word..."Disgusting."
7. Consistency, consistency and more consistency
8. Patience, patience and more patience.