Thursday, January 31, 2008
I was tagged by Jess. Thanks a lot. But I guess she did stand and talk to me the other night while I was changing possibly the World's Nastiest, Stinkiest Diaper. That, people, is friendship.
I have to list either 5 random things about myself or 5 places I'd like to visit or visit again or5 things I never thought I'd do before 25. Since I'm not that far removed from 25 (don't hate) and I could never narrow down what I want to see to just 5 things, I thought I'd give everyone what they want: more facts about me.
1. My last name before I got married was Brown and now it's White. That's right, I just changed colors. Aren't you jealous? I thought about going by Emily Brown-White for awhile. Or naming a child using my maiden name so his name could be Brown White. I hope Kendall marries someone with the last name Black or Green (actually any color,we're not judgmental... I just don't know that many Oranges or Yellows...but I do know some Blues).
2. I went to the doctor today for my six week check up. While I was laying there, I told him he needed to get something pretty to look at on the ceiling or put a TV up there (the ceiling, not my...well you know). His exact reply was that "All the dentists screwed me over by doing that." Ok, sorry. Forget I asked.
3. I've learned that there are many things you will face in life that take a great amount of courage. Taking two children under the age of two into a restaurant is one of them.
4. This morning, I was changing Kendall's diaper and getting her dressed when I noticed it was very quiet. I called out for Cason and he never came. Trouble. I found him pouring orange juice all over a table in the living room. When he saw me, he leaned over and tried to slurp it up from the table...like to hide it so I wouldn't know he did it. This doesn't bode well for the future for so many reasons.
5. I have horrible directional skills. I don't know if I'm facing north, south, east or west. One time Colin was trying to tell me to meet him on the south side of a building. When I asked which side that was, his reply was,"You know, the side Texas would be on." Uh, yes, I understand that Texas is south of Oklahoma but which side of the dang building is that? Geez, I'm not that dumb.